Pages


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family Pictures

The girls and I are home sick today, boo. I started feeling pretty crummy yesterday, and then last night Faith was up a whole lot coughing, etc. Lily actually doesn't feel too bad, but with Faith and I sick we just stayed home rather than getting ready and taking her to Mother's Day Out. So we're watching birthday movies (Toy Story 1 and 2, Beauty and the Beast) and laying around today. I think in a little bit we might run and get some chicken soup from Chick Fil A. I wish I had the things to make it homemade, but unfortunately I don't.

On a better note, I hadn't mentioned this in any previous posts, but we found out a week or so ago that I got into nursing school. I will start my clinicals in January, and I am really looking forward to it. The spring is going to be incredibly busy for us, so I'm trying to spend as much time possible with Faith and Lily. I had planned on trying to take a few orders for the holidays for a little extra money (that's always nice), but now that we know nursing school will definitely start in January, I'm going to focus on doing fun things with our family. There are so many things I've been wanting to make for the girls and keep putting them off, so this fall I am really going to try and accomplish a few! Come spring, my sewing/crafting time will most likely dissapear, so I have to take advantage while I can! So anyway, I just wanted to share that bit of exciting news.  Now for some pictures.

My friend Jeni Hendricks, the same friend that took the girls birthday pictures, took some family pictures of us on that same day. It was amazing how well behaved our sweet little girls were! Zach and I were pleasantly surprised when they lasted through their birthday pictures, and they were still up for changing into coordinating clothes for some family photos! They came out great (in my opinion), and although I would have never thought yellow, gray, and navy would have been my choice color combos, I love how the colors looked in the pictures. I made Faith's shirt with the Vintage font from Lynnie Pinnie that I feel like I always use, but I love it. Zach and my shirts were store bought (Macy's). Then for Lily, I didn't really have anything for her that would coordinate, so I created her little shirt/dress from a tutorial that Disney from Ruffles and Stuff wrote a very long time ago. I just found one of Lily's old yellow t-shirts and one of my old gray t-shirts, cut off the bottom of hers and the top of mine, and then put them together. The tutorial is found here. I've made this several different times with different fabrics and t-shirts. It is so easy, and a really good use for stained or too small little shirts!










1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh Terri! Those pictures are GREAT! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails