Pages


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Family Pictures

My lovely friend Jeni did some family pictures of us. I am blessed with wonderful friends who possess amazing talents, aren't I? We always have plenty of pictures of the girls, but have been seriously lacking a great family photo for some time now. I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before, but children of the ages one and four are not easy to take pictures with. That is actually an understatement. They are incredibly difficult to take pictures with. I made the girls adorable new outfits and was completely pumped about meeting Jeni at the park for pictures. However, about three minutes into our photo shoot Zach and I quickly discovered that it wasn't going to run smoothly.

We started out by sitting on this adorable chair and stool, which of course the girls fought over. If one was not upset about something, the other surely was. I got the bright idea to pull out the lip gloss (this typically makes our girls happy, go figure), which was actually a terrible thing to do. We got one really quick shot of glossy smiles and happy girls, and then started the whining. The lip gloss was like crack. Lily's word for anything she really really likes and can taste is "nummy". From the moment the lip gloss was put up, until the end of the session, all we heard was "Nummmmmmmmy! Nummmmmmmy! NUMMMMMMY!" You get the picture?

Despite the chaos, Jeni was able to catch some wonderful shots. Have a look-

It actually looks like Lily is posing here! She totally wasn't, but see what I mean? Jeni is GOOOOOD.
Here are all the ones of the four of us. The first one is my most favorite.
Now, isn't this just so typical...Faith being a sweetheart to Daddy, but Lily absolutely REFUSING to give him a kiss-
She did eventually change her mind-
Aren't these of Faith and Zach sweet?

Here a few of them individually-

And here is one of Lily and I-

For Faith's little halter top shirt I used a bodice pattern and just added two more layers. The rose fabric is from Hancocks. I fell TOTALLY in love with it, and bought all that was left on the bolt (a little less than a yard) so I had to be really careful on what I made for them with it. For Lily's skirt I didn't use a pattern (I really don't even see how they sell skirt patterns, it's seriously just a long rectangle) and I just rolled up some scraps for her roses.

Lastly, here are a couple of pictures of a little set I made for a friend/coworker of my mother who had a little baby girl. Her name is Emma Ladan, beautiful isn't it? I have been meaning to ship it for a while :/. Finally got it dropped off today.
The soft fabrics are from Hobby Lobby. They are one of my favorites.

Everyone have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails