Pages


Monday, May 3, 2010

Whew, What a Weekend!

Well lets see, what word could I use to best describe this past weekend...I guess I'd have to say eventful. Before I start to whine, there were definitely a couple of really fun things that we did this weekend! Saturday morning we had Faith's soccer game (which has got to be one of the most humorous things to watch, have you ever seen 4 year olds play soccer?), but we were extra motivated and went to the gym and worked out first! Woohoo, for me! I have a lovely friend that accompanies me, usually five days a week to the gym. I love it, we mix it up and do Spin, Yoga, and all sorts of cardio. I have to be honest and say that even if I'm really not in the mood to sweat...the kids club and having a tiny break can convince me almost every time. So back to my story, we finished our work out and got to soccer (on time, I might add). Faith had a lovely game, and almost got a goal a couple of times! She is enjoying soccer, but is at times a bit too aggressive. They always have fun, and the game has ended happily every time so far. Then we go out to the car to leave and go to lunch and what do I find? Well, the same thing that several other moms find as well...as shattered passenger window and missing purse. *Yes I am completely aware that it is an EXTREMELY bad idea to leave your purse in the car*. I actually don't usually (even thought the games are at church). I had my hands full by myself with the girls though, and after the stroller, two chairs, diaper bag, Faith's water, and Lily...I just shoved it under the seat. I really am just sick...my purse was brand new. My wallet in the purse was a Coach wallet from almost two years ago that I have taken GREAT care of...and now they are both no more. Oh well, live and learn I guess. So needless to say, we missed my niece's birthday party. Here is the outfit I made her!
Not a great picture, I know. Hopefully I can replace it when my SIL sends me one of her wearing it, and her bow. The file is from Embroitique. I left off the one candle because I didn't want it to come across as a first birthday (she's three). 

After all of the commotion we came home and laid around for the rest of the day. Movies, naps, etc. Then along came Sunday...we sadly missed church to do my missing window. I would have hated to have my actual car stolen next. I know, I know, you are probably thinking, "Well I'm sure church is okay." Let's not forget, that is where this happened! So instead, we made a lovely little brunch/lunch and spent some girl time together.

We went to a good friends and spent the beautiful afternoon picking blackberries galore. The had a wonderful time! Here are a few pictures from our afternoon. Note-I'm leaving out the 15-20 that Faith took of Bethany and I bent over doing all of the work...silly child.

We ended up filling that ENTIRE bucket...we as in Bethany and I. Faith and Lily acted as professional golf cart riders. Lily actually did pick a few, but they were mostly green and red...glad she didn't get a stomach ache. Then we came home, ate dinner, and made a cobbler! I used this recipe- (so easy)

EASY BLACKBERRY COBBLER

3 c. blackberries
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1/4 lb. butter

Melt butter in 8 x 8 pan. Mix blackberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and milk. Pour mixture into melted butter; spread evenly. Pour berry mixture on top. Cake should cover the berries and be golden brown when done.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour. Serve warm with milk on top or ice cream.

***I did make 2 changes- used whole wheat flour, and cut the sugar in the fruit in half. Was DELICIOUS. I let Faith eat it for breakfast :/ It's okay to splurge sometimes right?

One last thing. Jessica, owner of formerly Mia Joie that is now Joyfolie has launched her new name (isn't it lovely) and some absolutely ADORABLE new items. She is doing a give away right now, I am crossing my fingers that I win. I have never won any of these before...I've actually only entered probably two or so. Who wouldn't want to win a pair of these? Photobucket

I'm really testing my luck and entering Dear Lillie's give away as well...wish me luck. I really really REALLY want this dress!

We shall see...now I have to go clean. Everybody have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails