Pages


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big and Little Sister Shirts + Yummy Recipe Links!

I had somebody request coordinating sister shirts for a friend with a new baby coming. I've done a lot of sibling shirts, but these are by far my FAVORITE! I have to make some for Faith and Lily asap. The big project presently is finishing *ahem* starting and finishing their birthday outfits. I ordered them Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts off of Etsy and am turning one into a cute Lil Blue Boo Sienna Dress and am going to make a knit ruffled skirt to go with the other one. I wasn't planning on working on them for another week or so, but now we are doing pictures on Monday! Whew, I better get to work. First things first, let me finish this post =)

Here are the shirts I made.
Aren't they perfect? Ah, I love them. The "lil" is the Spunky font by Lynnie Pinnie. If you don't already have it, it's on sale half off right now! The "Sister" on both shirts is Itty Bitty from 8 Claws and a Paw. Remeber this is the font I was telling you about that comes in not just one, but FOUR different religions (Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran, and Baptist)...I just really think that is funny, not sure why. The "BIG" on the other shirt is a font called Vintage but I'm not sure where it is from? I use it a lot though, because there are three different sizes for the letters!

On to the next subject. After entering the blogging world last year, and finding so many different sources of inspiration for my sewing and other crafts I discovered another really neat aspect of blogs. I have really found some of the best recipes! I think that for a good month straight, all of our dinners came from Samster Mommy's Dinner 101 page. I've tried a LOT of them, and they were all wonderful. I've been trying to do at least three new dinner recipes and one new breakfast a week for the past couple of weeks. I thought I would share some of last weeks on here, and hopefully help out some other moms on here (or dads).

Monday-
California BLT's (whole wheat bread, turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado)
Carrot Soup
Ingredients- 6 Carrots sliced, 1 onion chopped, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 2 cups vegetable broth, 1 1/2 cups soy milk
Directions-
1. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray and add carrots and onion. Cook for ~5 minutes or until tender, and then add garlic, curry powder, and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes longer.
2. Add broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
3. Pour into a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth.
4. Return to saucepan and add the milk. Heat for ~3 minutes or until heated through.

*This recipe is from the WomenHeart's family cookbook, and the cookbook is wonderful!*

Tuesday-
Homeade Turkey Sloppy Joes (the term Sloppy Joe has ALWAYS reminded me of daycare, I think they are a staple at most, this was a first for our family, and everyone cleaned their plates!)
Recipe *I substituted lean ground turkey for the beef*

Wednesday-
Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas (these are delicious!)
Recipe 

Breakfast of the Week -
Asparagus Fritatta (this was SO easy, quick, and yummy!!)
Ingredients- 2 tbsp EVOO, 2 shallots finely chopped *I used red onion*, 2 ounces canadian bacon *I used turkey*, 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1" pieces, 1 clove garlic, 1 1/2 cups egg whites, 1 cup shredded cheese
Directions-
1. Preheat the broiler
2. Heat the oil in large skillet and sautee shallots, bacon, asparagus, and onion for ~10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste and cook for ~2 minutes.
4. Stir in the egg whites and 1/4 cup of your cheese and cook without stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Pour remaining cup of cheese on top and pop in the oven to broil for 7 minutes.


Alright, this post is long enough...I'll do the second half of the week and two delicious pumpkin baking recipes we tried next time. Everyone have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails