Pages


Friday, September 24, 2010

Tuesday/Thursday Starbucks Dates

As I mentioned in a previous post, Lily and Faith both go to "school" a couple of days a week now. I pick them up at about the same time; however, Faith starts at 8:15am, and Lily doesn't start until 9:00am. The 45 minute time lapse isn't enough to go home and get back in time, but it is also too long to sit in the parking lot with an *almost* two year old. Lily and I typically go have a little Starbucks coffee/muffin date on these days. We've come to know all of the regulars and employees there now, and they are all so sweet. Lily is always so good when we go too! She is quiet, sweet, and eats her muffin without throwing any of it (amazing). She loves the Zucchini Walnut, but when they are out a Pumpkin Cream Cheese will suffice.

So anyway, let me get to the crafty part of this post. The other day when we were standing in line I noticed a little reusable sleeve for a coffee cup on one of the shelves. It seemed really practical, but was not cute in any sort of way. It was gray, and that about sums it up. I knew I couldn't be the first one to think of making my own reusable sleeves (if you search on Etsy there are HUNDREDS), but I wanted to try. It was pretty quick and easy. I just cut apart the cardboard one that they give you and used it as my pattern. I would say that maybe I could use this as my first tutorial, but I think there are probably too many already. They would make really great Christmas gifts, and I can't wait to make more. Here is mine-
Isn't it cute? I have reusable travel mugs, but between them being dirty and me forgetting them...I'd say I probably use them ~5% of them time. So even though this is little, it still makes a difference, right?

Here is Lily enjoying her muffin. How do you like her bed head?

Here is a recipe for some really delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins we made the other day.
Muffin Recipe

If you ever go to Target, you should really try their Archer Farms Pumpkin Pancake mix, it is awesome as well! Can you tell we like pumpkin a lot?

Well, I finished Faith's dress yesterday, and I LOVE it! I just have to figure out what to do with Lily's outfit. Wish me luck and creativity, I'm off to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails