Pages


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lake's First Easter and Messy Fun

You know when you have that one thing that you really need to finish, but you stopped when you were almost done and just keep putting it off. Well, that is what is happening to Lily's Easter dress *sigh*. I WILL finish that dress before I sew anything else, seriously. In the mean time, here are a couple of other things I've done over the past couple of days. 

My friend Jolene has a son named Lake that is about five months old. She asked me to make him a couple of things for his first Easter, and I had a lot of fun with them. As far as sewing/embroidering for others goes, I am certainly more busy with girl items than boys'. However, I do enjoy the occasional blue and green projects. I made a liner for his little Easter basket and a onesie for his pictures. The bunny applique is from Lynnie Pinnie and the font is Itty Bitty from 8 Claw and a Paw. I've never made an Easter basket liner, but it was surprising simple. I just took the liner out that came with the basket, ripped the seams, and used it for a pattern.

Today we spent the day at our favorite park. It was a little more special today than usual though because Daddy came. About two hours before we had to leave I was frantically trying to find Faith a shirt to wear (she has outgrown nearly EVERYTHING), and decided I would just have to make one. I used a "Petal Top" pattern that came with a book I bought online that has some really great patterns in it! I'll look at the name tomorrow. Anyway, this is how it came out. It only took an hour or so, and we were both happy with the outcome. It's a very loose "flowy" top, but the elasticized neck and sleeves make it fit perfectly. She looked precious.
The girls and I made "Easter Basket Cupcakes" with our friends Brandy and Jayden. They were a great project, but WHOA, sugar overload...seriously. But hey, it's Easter?
After loading them with sugar, what is the harm in letting them get ridiculously messy? Yes, that's right, time to finger paint. The girls had a TON of fun doing this. They were completely covered in a matter of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails