Pages


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recycled Shirt Dress for Faith

So when I was looking at Ruffles and Stuff, I came across a wonderful tutorial for this precious little dress that Disney made for her daughter. This dress is GREAT for a stained shirt that is otherwise in good condition! She used hot pink polka dot knit on hers, which was super adorable, but I found this at Hobby Lobby in the remnants bin (one of my favorite areas). It was called the 15 minute dress on her blog, but since it took me about an hour, I'll call it the recycled shirt dress, haha! I made a few changes on the one I made for Faith here. I put the fabric flowers in the upper corner of the dress instead of in a row across the middle (the upper corner is where the stain was), and I used a long sleeved shirt since it is still pretty cool! I am pretty happy with the way it came out. If you want to try one go look at her tutorial here.  I wanted to use a brown shirt, but didn't have one on hand. Of course I couldn't be patient enough to wait until today to go to the store, but I'm sure I'll make another. This is such a great idea for older shirts! Faith has a ton of shirts that have gotten too short but still fit perfect otherwise. You could applique something on the shirt with the knit too! Well, here is the dress. Faith was excited, see her dancing in her new outfit =).

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails